General Information for Applications
The following are the general application requirements for our graduate programs. To know more about specific qualifications, please refer to the program you’re interested in applying.
These documents will be sent to the Graduate Program Office (GPO) physically. You can send them through courier or email the GPO for any issues concerning the preparation of your documents. Any other concerns and inquiries will also be forwarded to them.
- Duly accomplished Application Form with two passport size photographs. (Email the GPO for a copy);
- A non-refundable application fee subject to rates specified by the University of the Philippines Baguio;
- Other University requirements like medical clearance and other special admission requirements;
- Official transcript of undergraduate records (may be photocopies on condition that these are authenticated; final admission shall be based on verified documents);
- Two written recommendations with at least one from a former professor and three (3) Reference Report Forms – 1
from the applicant’s immediate supervisor and 2 from former professors;
- Application admission essay describing background, interest in program, and envisioned academic project (2-3 pages);
- For married women, photocopy of Marriage Certificate for the purposes of providing proof of name change from previous academic records;
- For foreign applicants whose native language or whose medium of instruction in their secondary school was not English, official proof of test scores.
Calls for applications are released every semester, so please look out for updates on our official social media page.
MA in History
The MA History program seeks to advance the History discipline in the College of Social Sciences through graduate-level instruction and curriculum innovation. The MA History program equips the students with theoretical and methodological foundations in the discipline of History and provides them with relevant exposure and training on ethnohistory and local history.KNOW MORE
The Master of Arts in Social and Development Studies (MASDS) is a graduate degree program that utilizes approaches from various social science disciplines to analyze the problems and issues of development. Development is a complex process that brings about change not only in the economy, but also in the politics, culture, and ecology of a society.
Master of Management
PhD in Indigenous Studies
The PhD in Indigenous Studies is a graduate program that employs interdisciplinary perspectives in engaging historical and contemporary issues confronting Indigenous Peoples in the Philippines and elsewhere. The PhD program also seeks to valorize indigenous epistemologies (ways of knowing) that have been neglected and marginalized by hegemonic scientific epistemologies.
For inquiries, contact the UP Baguio Graduate Program Office:
UP Drive, Governor Pack Road, Baguio City Benguet, Philippines, 2600